Re: [Chicken-hackers] substring

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] substring
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 17:12:49 -0400

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm not proposing doing anything with substring=?.  The discussion
came up when I wrongly used substring=? in my code and thought it was
a bug.  After reading and reflecting on what the documentation says, I
understand that substring=? is not buggy (although I still think it is
a bit convoluted).

IMO, the SRFI-13 string= is far easier to understand, because it specifies two strings and two start/end pairs.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
They do not preach that their God will rouse them