[Chicken-hackers] New and improved: Find out which bug has your name wri

From: Peter Bex
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] New and improved: Find out which bug has your name written all over it!
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 20:40:19 +0200

Hello CHICKEN users,

Are you itching to contribute to CHICKEN but afraid that fixing actual
bugs is too hard?

Have you always wanted to hack on the core system, but never knew where
to begin?

Are you bored out of your skull and looking for a tough challenge
hacking CHICKEN core?

Now's your time!

I've added a small improvement to our bug tracker: tickets now have
an "estimated difficulty" field, which indicates how difficult the
ticket is likely to be.

So, take a look at the "open tickets by difficulty" report, pick a
ticket that sounds fun to you, and get cracking!
https://bugs.call-cc.org/report/9

I would also like to encourage egg authors to see if any of the tickets
without an assigned difficulty is theirs, and assign a difficulty.
It doesn't have to be precise, and it may change later based on new
insights, but having an initial difficulty will make it easier for
others to gauge if it's worth investing time to fix a particular bug.