Re: [Chicken-hackers] new CHICKEN 5 egg installation

From: felix . winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] new CHICKEN 5 egg installation
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 21:11:57 +0100

> > Mario, would this help with Salmonella?
>
> Not sure if I undertand the proposal.  You mean chicken-install would
> install eggs in the directory pointed by CHICKEN_REPOSITORY?

I would suggest to _lookup_ eggs (during loading + linking) from any
of the directories given in CHICKEN_REPOSITORY. The installation
destination could then be changed by setting another variable (say,
CHICKEN_INSTALL_REPOSITORY), sort of a CHICKEN-specific "DESTDIR",
this can be cleanly handled in the generated installation script.