Re: [Chicken-hackers] new CHICKEN 5 egg installation

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] new CHICKEN 5 egg installation
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 21:22:14 +0100

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 21:11:57 +0100 address@hidden wrote:

>> > Mario, would this help with Salmonella?
>>
>> Not sure if I undertand the proposal.  You mean chicken-install would
>> install eggs in the directory pointed by CHICKEN_REPOSITORY?
>
> I would suggest to _lookup_ eggs (during loading + linking) from any
> of the directories given in CHICKEN_REPOSITORY. The installation
> destination could then be changed by setting another variable (say,
> CHICKEN_INSTALL_REPOSITORY), sort of a CHICKEN-specific "DESTDIR",
> this can be cleanly handled in the generated installation script.

Ok, so I was not completely lost.  I had in mind that CHICKEN_REPOSITORY
was only for lookup, but I was wondering how eggs would end up in the
alternative repos.  It seems that this extra parameter was the missing
piece.  But isn't it equivalent to -prefix? :-)

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario