Re: [Chicken-hackers] proposal for moving core stuff into an egg

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] proposal for moving core stuff into an egg
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 09:36:52 +1200

On 2017-07-25 14:10, address@hidden wrote:
Peter and me thought that we move "system-information" and "get-host-name"
into an egg, since they are not used in the core system. The suggested name
is "system-information".

+1, sounds good to me.

I guess the trickiest bit of moving those procedures will be the
"sysinfo" function in posixwin.scm, since it also sets the shell to use
for subprocesses. But, maybe that can be left out, or discovered another
way.

Cheers,

Evan