Re: [Chicken-hackers] What to do with CHICKEN 4.13/4.12.1 release/snapsh

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] What to do with CHICKEN 4.13/4.12.1 release/snapshot?
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 21:36:41 +0100

* John Cowan <address@hidden> [171028 22:15]:
> On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Also, what happens to the CHICKEN 4 line after 5.0 is out?
> >

> 1) Pick a EOL date for Chicken 4.
>
> 2) Stop accepting patches except security patches.
>
> 3) Accept security patches until the EOL date.
>
> 4) Profit!!!

I would do all of the above with a 4.13 release. There may be
people relying on CHICKEN 4 for their code base so we should give
them a cleaned up ship they can sink with :)

Seriously though, mitigation to CHICKEN 5 will take some time and
there have been bugfixes in master that should make it into a stable
version.

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.