Re: [Chicken-hackers] Egg plan for 5?

From: Dan Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Egg plan for 5?
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 09:47:22 -0800

Ah, thank-you!

Regarding dropping in a new release-info: wouldn't backwards
compatibility be preserved for existing releases if one were using git
tags? Those previous releases ought to continue to exist in the git
repository. Is the issue that the original release-info will no longer
be tracked, and if so, I'm a little confused: am I to understand that
the Chicken 4 repository and Chicken 5 repository are mutually
exclusive?

As it is, it sounds like moving off having releases in `master` and
towards encouraging egg authors to use major Chicken version specific
branches to track releases is the way to go, in the very long term. If
all of my eggs were tracked in major version branches already then this
new release wouldn't be much of an issue! :D

-Dan