Re: [Chicken-hackers] Egg plan for 5?

From: Dan Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Egg plan for 5?
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 19:36:33 -0800

I figured I had simply not been thorough enough; you folks do a
fantastic job in documenting your efforts. Thank-you for pointing me in
the right direction!

> By the way, if there are features you'd like that would make things
> easier for Geiser, don't hesitate to open an enhancement ticket on
> bugs.call-cc.org.

Thanks to the chicken-doc and apropos eggs most of the available
features in Geiser are available; with Chicken 4 the manipulation of
modules was a little cumbersome because it had to disect the module name
from the eval output when inspecting a symbol. That falls apart whenever
someone decides to import a module using a prefix that has a # in it;
which apparently happens enough to result in bug reports. However, the
recent versions of the apropos egg are clever enough to neatly
undecorate symbols and inform where they come from, and Geiser leverages
this behaviour.

Thanks to dumb-jump now having Scheme support, there's Good Enough
jump-to-definition support in Emacs that I'm generally satisfied; but
if Chicken could decompile a symbol, and/or show what file/line it was
built in... Wish lists. :D

-Dan