[Chicken-hackers] What to do with remaining macros?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] What to do with remaining macros?
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 17:25:00 +0100

Hi all,

I just tagged and built a 5.0.0pre5 snapshot with the intention of then
dropping the "chicken" module, only to find out that I had forgotten we
still have several macros being exported by (only) the chicken module.

What should we do with these?  My suggestions in square brackets

- time [chicken.time]
- assert [chicken.base]
- ensure [chicken.type]
- eval-when [chicken.base, or just get rid of it?]
- select [chicken.base, or just get rid of it?]
- define-for-syntax [chicken.syntax]
- define-compiler-syntax [chicken.syntax]
- let-compiler-syntax [chicken.syntax]

Let me know what y'all think.