Re: [Chicken-hackers] Eggs for Chicken 5

From: felix . winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Eggs for Chicken 5
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 17:24:44 +0100

> Is there any rough estimate when eggs (like syntax-case)
> will appear for Chicken 5?
> The page http://wiki.call-cc.org/chicken-projects/egg-index-5.html
> lists no eggs at all.

Hi, Sven!

Some eggs have been ported, but only for testing CHICKEN 5, you can find them
here:

https://code.call-cc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=chicken-5-eggs.git;a=summary

As John said, syntax-case will not be ported to C5, I think, the macro system
is interacting heavily with the module system, so hooking a separate expander
into the system is very hard and will not be fully transparent.

But if you use an expander as a separate preprocessing step for standard Scheme
code, it should be possible to use the portable syntax-case package at

https://www.cs.indiana.edu/chezscheme/r6rs-libraries/

Some hacking will be necessary, I'm afraid.