Re: [Chicken-hackers] |PATCH| Enable component dependencies

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] |PATCH| Enable component dependencies
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 17:02:55 +0200

On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 11:15:43AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This patch enables the (previously disabled) handling of component
> dependencies in .egg files. A "dependencies" property inside a "component"
> expression will now declare the dependency on a file in the egg source
> tree and will properly trigger a rebuild of the component. Also, any custom
> build scripts will be included in the depdency list.

Thanks, pushed!  As discussed on IRC, if a dependency is listed as a
symbol, I get an "unknwown component dependency" error.  This seems
deliberate, in filter-deps the check assumes that if dependency is a
symbol it needs to be provided elsewhere.

I tried to add a (scheme-include foo.scm) to srfi-1, which I added as
a dependency, but this results in a "call of non-procedure ()" error
on a line where it makes no sense.