Re: [Chicken-hackers] |PATCH| Enable component dependencies

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] |PATCH| Enable component dependencies
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 12:12:15 +0200

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 05:02:55PM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
> Thanks, pushed!  As discussed on IRC, if a dependency is listed as a
> symbol, I get an "unknwown component dependency" error.  This seems
> deliberate, in filter-deps the check assumes that if dependency is a
> symbol it needs to be provided elsewhere.

I noticed a problem with this patch: when building parley for example,
it creates a .build.sh file in the cache which calls chicken-do with
"/path/to/.chicken-install/cache/parley/parley" in it.  This is a
nonexistent file.

The attached patch attempts to fix this by adding .so or .static.o to
the dependency's filename depending on which version of the target we're
building.  I don't know how to do this with non-"extension" targets
though.