[Chicken-hackers] Proposal: Release CHICKEN 5 RC1 on August 11th

From: Peter Bex
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Proposal: Release CHICKEN 5 RC1 on August 11th
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 11:21:53 +0200

Hi all,

As far as I can tell, there's only one minor ticket left: #1484.
This should be relatively easy to implement.

Given that many of the essential eggs have been ported, we should
try to make a release soon.  Different people have wishlists about
which eggs they'd like to have available before we make a release,
but those are all "nice to have", and besides, there will be a
release candidate process anyway.

So, I propose that we impose a deadline on ourselves for the first
release candidate, which I arbitrarily chose at August 11th to keep
things going.  If there are no serious objections, I'll make the
release candidate on that day.

In the period between now and then, people can port whatever eggs
they find most important and we can implement #1484 and perhaps
do some more performance analysis.