Re: [Chicken-hackers] C lost -D on chicken-install

From: Vasilij Schneidermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] C lost -D on chicken-install
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 22:06:25 +0200

Hey Peter,

> I didn't even know the old chicken-install even had that.  What do you
> use it for?

The opengl-glew egg uses it to conditionally build with GLES support.
There should be more eggs, but it's tricky to tell which.

> It doesn't seem very discoverable to me (for users) [...]

Agreed, the only way to find out is studying the documentation of the
egg closely.  Maybe looking for unusual cond-expand forms.

> "everyone" is a bit strong; we already have 144 eggs that have been ported,
> some of which are quite complex, and so far I haven't heard this complaint.

I've expected to eventually run into this and even planned on eventually
using the feature.  Then I found that it's mostly useless to me as I
only use Linux these days and haven't run into a different usecase for
conditional compilation so far.

Vasilij