Re: [Chicken-hackers] [補釘] Use installation programs from build

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [補釘] Use installation programs from build
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 11:31:18 +0200

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 01:40:26PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> This patch reuses parameters for default.make for the name of the
> installation program to be used for egg installation, including options.

This looks alright, but I still have a question: why not use the install
command on Windows too?  That should allow us to get rid of the platform
case and simplify install-executable-command and install-file-command so
it doesn't even need to accept the platform.

In defaults.make we already have this:

ifdef WINDOWS_SHELL
REMOVE_COMMAND ?= del
INSTALL_PROGRAM ?= copy