Re: [Chicken-hackers] Some undefined patches

From: megane
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Some undefined patches
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 06:10:21 +0300

address@hidden writes:

>> Another change is considering 'undefined' as a truthy value. The
>> interpreter considers 'undefined' truthy, too.
>
> Undefined is undefined, we shouldn't make any assumption here.

Hi Felix,

When the scrutinizer walks (begin) it knows the returned value is
undefined.

The value or behaviour of (if (begin) 1 #t) is not defined by R5RS.

AFAIK if it's not defined then whatever the implementation chooses to do
is OK.

In this case the whole expression can be therefore optimized to 1.

The scrutinizer does give a warning in any case.