[Chicken-hackers] pkg-config support in chicken-install

From: Lassi Kortela
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] pkg-config support in chicken-install
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 16:34:06 +0300

Hi,

Anybody up for hashing out a design for built-in pkg-config support in the egg infrastructure?

I suggested this on Tuesday on the chicken-users list but didn't yet get any feedback. Preliminary thoughts at the bottom of this mail: <https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/chicken-users/2019-07/msg00029.html>. Vasilij Schneidermann was involved in the discussion and suggested we work on the openssl egg's install script, which led me to explore this problem, but it seems a more generic pkg-config solution could be fruitful.

If the Chicken maintainers are interested in exploring this, I have some ideas for the details (not anything implemented and proven, just ideas for starters).

Kind regards,
lassi from chicken-users, srfi-discuss, etc.