[Chicken-hackers] R7RS .sld library imports

From: Lassi Kortela
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] R7RS .sld library imports
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 15:51:02 +0300

How much work would it be to support R7RS .sld imports, such that

    (import (foo bar baz))

loads a (define-library ...) form from "{root}/foo/bar/baz.sld" for the first matching {root} in the load path? This appears to be the emerging standard for R7RS imports.

I ported this program <https://github.com/srfi-explorations/missing-links> to six R7RS implementations (one of them being Chicken). If you read "compile-missing-chicken" script it's slightly more complex than the other implementations: to load "chibi/html-parser.sld" it has "-I chibi -prologue chibi/html-parser.sld" in the csc command line. Since it's only one library it's no trouble at all, but if there were more libs each of them would require its own -I and -prologue options.

If someone wants to implement this, I volunteer to be an enthusiastic tester.