Quiet re-imports

From: Diego
Subject: Quiet re-imports
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 23:51:13 +0000

I think it would be nice to have a flag/parameter to quiet "re-importing
already imported identifier/syntax" warnings. These seem rather noisy, and in
many cases the user is probably aware of potential collisions (as in (import
r7rs), for example).

In the attached patch to modules.scm, I've quieted the warnings based on the
load-verbose flag, but I don't think that's entirely appropriate as this
warning is more to do with importing than loading (for example, you can (import
r7rs), then (import scheme), which will issue the warnings even though scheme
is already loaded).

Thoughts on any of this?

- Diego