Re: Layout of files installed under "share"

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: Layout of files installed under "share"
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 16:26:49 +0200

On Tue, Aug 03, 2021 at 08:07:33PM +0300, Lassi Kortela wrote:
> README shows the following layout for files installed under "share":
>
>       `-- share
>           |-- chicken
>           |   |-- doc
>           |   |   |-- LICENSE
>           |   |   |-- README
>           |   |   |-- DEPRECATED
>           |   |   |-- mac.r                         (Macintosh)
>           |   |   |-- CHICKEN.icns                  (Macintosh)
>           |   |   |-- manual-html
>           |   |   |-- chicken.png
>           |   |   |-- feathers.tcl
>           |   |   `-- *.html
>           |   `-- setup.defaults
>
> Should "mac.r", "CHICKEN.icns", and "feathers.tcl" go directly under
> "share/chicken" like "setup.defaults" does, instead of going under
> "share/chicken/doc"?

hm, it looks like feathers.tcl is definitely in the wrong place in the
diagram.  I don't know about the mac-specific files, but at least the
installation rules seem to indicate they're supposed to go directly
under share/chicken too.

> Could someone more experienced than me sanity-check the diagram for
> "share" in README, as well as the corresponding install and uninstall
> commands in rules.make?

Those mac-specific files should also be uninstalled, they're currently
only installed.