Re: A facility for debugging type issues

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: A facility for debugging type issues
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 11:39:09 +1200

Hey megane!

On 2021-04-10 11:24, megane wrote:
> here's a POC tool I've been using for a year. It prints the types known to
> scrutinizer in the current scope.

Finally having a look at this, and I have to say, it is very cool. It
still applies cleanly too! :)

What were you thinking ought to be done with it? Personally I think a
facility like this would be very nice to add "for real", if it were
guarded behind a debugging flag of some kind (maybe another "-debug"
option?), or perhaps only enabled with DEBUGBUILD. So, normal
compilation would just ignore these nodes, but we could still add the
feature properly. Was that your thinking?

Cheers,

Evan