Re: Chicken R7RS roadmap

From: Lassi Kortela
Subject: Re: Chicken R7RS roadmap
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 12:58:42 +0300

There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding R7RS support in CHICKEN:

The egg provides at least 95% of what R7RS requires. The fact that it is an egg
should not be seen as a disadvantage, what needs to be in the core system has
mostly been already added. The remaining differences are minor and static
linking should also solve most deployment issues (regarding in-core vs as-egg).

Fair enough.

But I will update the "r7rs-tasks" page and try to clarify remaining issues.
Collaboration to address open tasks is of course more than welcome!

Great.

(As a side note let me add that my recently created (but mostly ignored) "csm"
tool provides additional support for easily building R7RS projects)

csm finds .sld files, which are the closest thing to a standard place to put (define-library ...) forms. Could csc and csi themselves find these files, and if so, should the finder go in core or in the r7rs egg?