Re: Hyperbolic Functions Patch Set

From: felix . winkelmann
Subject: Re: Hyperbolic Functions Patch Set
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 20:12:01 +0200

> Dear Maintainers,
> Attached you find a change-set adding the hyperbolic functions (sinh, cosh,
> tanh) and inverse hyperbolic functions (asking, cosh, atanh) to the included
> (chicken flonum) module. This implementations follows the trigonometric
> function using the math library calls. I also added some basic domain tests
> for each of these function.
>
> IMHO this is a useful addition, first, because these functions are part of
> the standard C math library and second, even though there are closed forms,
> the cmath functions are tuned to use different computations depending on the
> magnitude of the input argument to counteract floating point inaccuracies.

Thanks a lot, Christian, much obliged.

I have combined the two patches and amended the result slightly (wrappers in
runtime.c for all trigonometric functions were not calling the
aliases from chicken.h, something we forgot and which I change here,
while we're at it. I also added a few lines of documentation).

We now just need some other -hacker to sign off push this.