chicken-janitors

Re: #1792: Some eggs install into system /share and /bin (even when CHIC

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: Re: #1792: Some eggs install into system /share and /bin (even when CHICKEN_INSTALL_REPOSITORY is set); this fails when the directory is RO
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 21:20:15 -0000

#1792: Some eggs install into system /share and /bin (even when
CHICKEN_INSTALL_REPOSITORY is set); this fails when the directory is RO
------------------------------------+---------------------
            Reporter:  Norman Gray  |      Owner:  (none)
                Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
           Component:  unknown      |    Version:  5.2.0
          Resolution:               |   Keywords:
Estimated difficulty:               |
------------------------------------+---------------------

Comment (by Norman Gray):

 I'd guessed that there had to be something that Nixpkgs was doing, to let
 things like `beaker` work, but couldn't find anything that seemed relevant
 on on http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/5/Extension%20tools and in particular
 `CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX` isn't mentioned there.

 So if this is indeed a supported feature, this might come down to being a
 documentation issue.

 I'm not fluent in the Nix language, so I don't really know what the
 `beaker` script is doing, there, other than in rather broad terms.

--
Ticket URL: <https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1792#comment:2>
CHICKEN Scheme <https://www.call-cc.org/>