chicken-users

Re: [Chicken-users] matchable egg: error while reporting error?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] matchable egg: error while reporting error?
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 09:48:45 +0200

On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 09:25:51AM +0200, Marco Maggi wrote:
> I understand  this.  But  the problem  looks like  MATCH-SYNTAX-ERROR is
> used with  an invalid  syntax by  the "matchable"  internals themselves.
> What I  expected is an error  during the expansion of  MATCH, not during
> the expansion of MATCH-SYNTAX-ERROR.

Oh, I see.  matchable is written as portable Scheme, and it "abuses"
match-syntax-error by deliberately passing an invalid number of arguments
to raise an error when it sees something that goes wrong.  This is just a
consequence of having a portable implementation like that.

But that's just my opinion, if you feel strongly about it I would make a
ticket for the egg's author.

Cheers,
Peter