chicken-users

[Chicken-users] GraphQL libraries coming soon

From: Lassi Kortela
Subject: [Chicken-users] GraphQL libraries coming soon
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 18:53:56 +0300

We're exploring making a GraphQL API for the Schemedoc project (<https://srfi.schemers.org/scheme-lists-subscribe.html> and <https://github.com/schemedoc> - new members welcome :)

Since we want to do as much as possible in Scheme, I'll write GraphQL client and server libraries to support the work (including an alternative S-expression syntax for GraphQL documents that we've been thinking about with John Cowan). The libraries are meant to be portable but initial experiments show that Peter's great web libraries make this easy on Chicken, so I'll start with a Chicken-native implementation and then gradually port it to other Schemes.

In case anyone wants to advise or to test this early for your own project, let me know. Otherwise I'll announce when some actually reusable code has been put together :)