chicken-users

Hypergiant ckui - first few widgets and a calculator ui example.

From: Matt Welland
Subject: Hypergiant ckui - first few widgets and a calculator ui example.
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 20:42:26 -0400

Buttons, labels, vbox and hbox work. click on a button and it changes shade briefly and the associated proc is called. So far it wasn't too hard and I think it is promising but text boxes, tree widgets, etc, scroll bars and more are needed. Some questions below.

image.png

Request for comments:
  1. Please suggest a name for this UI, I'm calling it ckui for now.
  2. If this project reached a decent level of implementation would you be likely to use it?
  3. I've modeled the interface after IUP and so far it is very similar. Is this a pro or con?
  4. Buttons and other moving widgets could be implemented with either iqm models or sprite sheets. Which of those options would be more interesting for you?
This is the guts of the calculator UI:

 (gl:clear-color 0.8 0.8 0.8 1)
    (show
     (apply vbox