circe-help

[Circe-help] Circe 1 release TODO

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: [Circe-help] Circe 1 release TODO
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 03:56:37 +0200

Hi there!
I thought since this list is so quiet, I might as well share my
plans for Circe.

A few things need to be done before Circe 1 can be released. These
are:

- Netsplit detection bug (the netsplit message isn't shown in all
  channels; I'm rewriting the whole netsplit code)
- Lui manual
- A debian directory will be added

If you know of any bugs I'm missing, please let me know.

Considering my currently pretty tight schedule, Circe 1 might be
released in maybe one month.

After Circe 1 is released, I'll focus on finishing irclib.el. This
will provide an abstraction layer above of IRC, hiding some
protocol details. This layer will also be the basis for Circe 2,
hopefully making circe.el much cleaner. I'll also redesign the
inner workings of Circe, which will then rely much more on
`lui-format', and also provide a more useful command interface
(ideas for the latter welcome!).

Auto-away in Circe and buttonizing and logging in Lui have been
deliberately postponed to Circe 2. If you really want one of them
to be in Circe 1, please let me know.

Comments, suggestions, patches, etc.pp. are always welcome!

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))