circe-help

[Circe-help] Cannot set a channel specific prompt

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Circe-help] Cannot set a channel specific prompt
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:35:00 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like to use a channel specific prompt like "#emacs> " for the emacs
channel. I tried it with this approach:

(add-hook 'circe-chat-mode-hook
          'th-circe-prompt)

(defun th-circe-prompt ()
  (set (make-local-variable 'circe-prompt-string)
       (concat (propertize (concat (buffer-name) ">")
                           'face 'circe-prompt-face)
               " ")))

But again, `circe-chat-mode-hook' is too late. When it's run the prompt
is already set to the global default and the new buffer-local value has
no effect.

Again, the hook I proposed in <address@hidden> and that
should be run directly after a new chat buffer is created would solve
this issue.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!