Re: [circle] releases

From: Paul Harrison
Subject: Re: [circle] releases
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 01:47:50 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 18 May 2003, Steven and Julie wrote:

> *nods* The phrase "You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it
> helps" comes to mind.  Personally, I think you're all comitted, you
> just haven't realised it yet.  (jingles the little green pills he got
> when he left...)  ;)

I wasn't committed, i went voluntrarily! But all the pills they gave me
did was make me sleepy or sick or dizzy...

> > I've comitted fixes now that should make it useable again:
> >   - fixed the slow message rendering
> >   - channels should work properly now
>
> Never had the chance to try the channels...  Usually no one else on to talk
> to.  :(

Pretty heavy discussion on #welcome and #circle recently...

> I do hope someone's going to put all the different releases up on the
> Circle page on Savannah.  A quick note on the sources.list lines to
> use, a quick note on how to use cvs to fetch the gtk1 vs gtk2 version,
> and any other formats Circle is presently being packaged in.
> (Sorry...  I just couldn't bring myself to say w...  win...  wind...
> windo...  winblows....  That's about as close as I can manage, I
> think.)

The current releases are still all up at thecircle.org.au, but it's been a
long time since the last release. The current CVS version is comming along
very nicely now, so i think it should be release ready by about the end of
the week :-)

Paul

IM: pfh on thecircle.org.au
Email: address@hidden