[circle] IMPORTANT ABOUT MAGIC

From: Thomas Mangin
Subject: [circle] IMPORTANT ABOUT MAGIC
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:12:07 +0100

Hi guys,

Please delete your current magic cache file

I spend the last three hours chassing a non existing bug ! The files are
magic.circle.cache and magic.linux.cache and are in the circle conf
directory.
Please delete those files otherwise half of your MP3 will not be recognised
as such as the magic file you will be using is to old !!

I rewrote a lot of the magic.py file .. I found around 10 important bugs. I
do now believe that the current code works pretty well ... I will have to
add pstring and other really unused part of the magic file definition but it
works fine for 99.9% of the files.

As well, as long as you understand the form of the magic file, you should be
able to understand it.

Please do not report if the code can not recognise : .txt, .nfo, .dat or any
random junk file. The only way to get those is by extention. Should you want
that, you can hook it in the classify.py file. It is the reason of its
existance .... As well if any "mime" code is present anywhere in circle,
please move it within classify.py.

I will be totally out of reach (working 00:00 to 06:00 AM) the next few day
(I love when I have to give advanced notice of  cisco routers maintenance
..). If no one report any major problem within the next days, I will close
the ticket on savannah.

Now, who can add a "search" option for mp3, ogg, avi, etc in the interface ?
I am not very familiar with the publishing code  ...

When I come back I will introduce a versioning on the cache (if the MD5 of
the magic file change, I will force the re-creation of its cache). In the
meanwhile feel free to try to break it ...

See you soon.

Thomas