[circle] Resumption of adwords

From: Paul Harrison
Subject: [circle] Resumption of adwords
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 23:06:10 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

Some of you may remember the RSPP round i ran last year to advertise the
Circle using google adwords (and i must admit, to try out rspp).

I slowed the adwords campaign and eventually shut it off when i became
sick, but now that i'm mostly better, and now that the shiny new release
is out, i'm starting it up again.

So far about a third of the money raised has been used. I'm targeting
mostly linux specific searches, on the theory that people who use Linux
will be early-adopter types who would like circle as much for the idea as
the implementation. It does mean that number of people seeing the ads per
day is quite low however.

A non-linux specific keyword list would pick up almost entirely windows
users, and result in a *lot* more click-throughs. It's kind of tempting in
terms of a high risk attempt to get a critical mass of users in a short
time.

--
Paul

IM: pfh on thecircle.org.au