Re: [circle] auto quiet

From: Steven and Julie
Subject: Re: [circle] auto quiet
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 01:40:04 +1000

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:04:11 +0200,
Thomas Voegtlin <address@hidden> wrote:

> would it make sense to have an auto-quiet option?
> circle would turn quiet after n minutes of gui inactivity
> (or when xscreensaver starts)

I suggested such a thing ages ago, and they said "do it yourself".  ;)

I'd want to add also that an arriving message should be held in limbo until
there's some kind of user event in the client.  (perhaps mark it in some way?)
If the client goes auto-away, any messages received since the last time we're
reasonably sure the user was paying attention, should be shoved back out onto
the circle network.  The lack of something like this has irritated me for a
long time with things such as ICQ!

Such user events would be; typing something, performing a search, or anything
else that isn't considered likely due to an accident, or doesn't open up a new
window which is likely to grab the users attention anyhow.

This is most noticably useful in the case where the client (or the computer in
general) crashes while you're away.

Fredderic