Re: [circle] give and take

From: Peter Moulder
Subject: Re: [circle] give and take
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:35:25 +1000

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 10:44:07AM +1000, Nathan Hurst wrote:
> If I give something to someone who is offline, where does the file go?

I believe that /give sends a normal message whose attached python object
is a reference to the file.

If you are still online when that person comes on line, then they can
/read and subsequently /take, as if they hadn't been offline.

I'm not sure what happens if the referenced file isn't in a public
directory and/or you go offline (and come back online again) before
they /take.

pjm.