Re: [circle] Win32 debugging: RFH

From: Nathan Hurst
Subject: Re: [circle] Win32 debugging: RFH
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:36:09 +1000

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:55:08 -0400 (EDT)
Asheesh Laroia <address@hidden> wrote:

> I want help finding out why the Windows version sometimes chews up
> MASSIVE AMOUNTS of the CPU, and causes INTENSE LATENCY (scores of
> seconds before the program acknowledges clicks), but only SOMETIMES

Would turning off the hashing (I think you just turn off your public and
download directories) and running the program for a while be a
reasonable test for this?  It would probably be the cheapest way to
prove that this was the case.

--
njh
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~njh/