[circle] hash_cache: commented out in file_server !?

From: Asheesh Laroia
Subject: [circle] hash_cache: commented out in file_server !?
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:45:07 -0400 (EDT)

I was going to work on caching the hashes of files the local computer is
sharing, since they take ages to generate.  And I noticed that in
file_server.py (from CVS) there is this block:

def file_server_poller(server):
    #roots = [ ]

    #cache = utility.get_config("hash_cache",{ })

Well, gee!  It's available, but commented-out!?

:: hopes dearly that pfh reads this list ::

There must be a reason for this.  Could someone please tell me why it's
commented-out, if it works, and/or what work remains to be done on caching
file hashes?

Thanks.

-- Asheesh.

--
Everyone was born right-handed.  Only the greatest overcome it.