[circle] Fwd: [I18n-sig] GNU gettext support for Python

From: Jiri Baum
Subject: [circle] Fwd: [I18n-sig] GNU gettext support for Python
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:16:58 +1100

Hello,

I was once involved in the i18n of circle, but it never got anywhere
far. As far as I remember, the problem was making it installable - the
gnu gettext docs simply assumed automake would be used, and the python
install didn't know about gettext.

Apparently, gnu gettext now has an example of how to do python - see
below.

Just in case anyone wants to do i18n for circle... I'm not planning to
do it myself; let me know if you want to, I'll see what I can remember
of how it all works. There used to be fairly complete Czech and French
l10n files in the circlelib/i18n directory.

Jiri

----- Forwarded message from Bruno Haible <address@hidden> -----