Re: [circle] exception while setting published directory

From: thomasV1
Subject: Re: [circle] exception while setting published directory
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:25:56 +0200 (MEST)

> I am still having trouble getting my own circle nodes to work properly,
> but it occurred to me that the problems might have started with the
> configuration.
>
> I tried to use circle like this:
> python circle start
> python circle publish ~/Projects/circlepublic
> Public directory set to /Users/malcolm/Projects/circlepublic.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/Users/malcolm/Projects/circle/Circle-0.40e/circle", line 140,
> in ?
>      daemon.Circle_daemon().run()
>    File
> "/Users/malcolm/Projects/circle/Circle-0.40e/circlelib/daemon.py", line
> 258, in run
>      self.file_server.set_roots(self.config)
>    File
> "/Users/malcolm/Projects/circle/Circle-0.40e/circlelib/file_server.py",
> line 801, in set_roots
>      if config['download_dir'] != '':
> KeyError: 'download_dir'
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<string>", line 1, in ?
>    File "<string>", line 62, in ?
> EOFError
>

> I made the following change to work around this but it's hard for me to
> believe that this is a bug and I am the first person to notice this.
> How do other people use circle from the command line? Am I doing
> something wrong? (I get the same result with the code in CVS.)

this is indeed a bug.
the command line of circle is a relatively recent addition,
and I always tested it after running the gtk or tex-mode interface,
both of which set the configuration file, so this got unnoticed.

I will commit your patch to cvs

thanks

Thomas

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl