Re: [circle] Circle logo proposal

From: Adon Metcalfe
Subject: Re: [circle] Circle logo proposal
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:08:56 +0800

> better to simply work out what is wanted and put that straight into CVS :)
I uploaded an svg and a 32x32 png to the cvs, both with a prefix of
circle_icon. Its a simplified version of the original sphere with
thickened orbits, and it looks good on light backgrounds, and mediocre
on dark ones. For the logo, I think that the current one is quite
good, (circle_ one ring, no rulers), and the black and white looks
real nice. When inkscape has their ext release, I'll attempt to make a
copy in svg, (the current one was done with bezier lines...) I got a
bit of free time coming up this weekend, I should be able to finish
the format of the gui.

Some decisions about the gui I have to make.

With searches should I use a tree to show the results of searches or
separate tabs? (tree is easier, but I believe separate tabs will look
better)

Should search results be expandable (i.e. you click on a plus near the
search and it expands to show all the sources), or just a columned
list?

Should the settings dialog be a separate popup or be one of the tabs?

Currently the tabs are: Home, Search,  Transfers, Chat/News, Media,
Networks, CmdLine/Logs, Settings.

--
Adon Metcalfe
<address@hidden>