Re: [circle] More structural changes

From: malcolm handley
Subject: Re: [circle] More structural changes
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:29:20 -0700

On Oct 15, 2004, at 21:50, Paul Campbell wrote:

Well, I've gotten some time to work on thecircle code again. The more I
looked, the more I realized that once node.py is twistified, the rest is
almost "candy"...direct conversion is easy.

Well, I've got the core node.py nearly done. However, I've decided that more
structural changes are in order.

Over at http://sf.net/projects/messiah we have a music sharing program written in python that uses the circle. We are having a few intermittent problems, either with the circle or our interaction with it, including generator-already-running errors, type errors and general failure to transfer any data until we restart one or more clients.

We have recently started trying to debug these but if your code is close to being ready and represents the future of the circle (which seems plausible since you generating the bulk of the activity here) we would be interested in testing with your work. We use the node api directly and the file_server. What is the state of your code?

(Right now is not a good time to try messiah, in case any of you are curious. Messiah nodes have some problems with prevent them from being left running 24x7 so the well-known node that the clients look for is not normally running. I will post again in a week or so when we have this fixed.)