Re: [circle] documentation for running behind NAT?

From: Matthew Wilson
Subject: Re: [circle] documentation for running behind NAT?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:15:17 -0500

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 12:18:00PM -0800, address@hidden wrote:

> Proxy mode runs a bit of python code on the router that passes messages
> back and forth between your internal lan and the internet.  You need a
> Unix machine for a router, with ssh access for this to work.

I'm using a netgear wireless router, so that's why I was keeping my
fingers crossed that plain old port-forwarding would do it.  Thanks for
the information.  Maybe this will be a good excuse to buy an old 586 and
set it up as my router.

Anyway, I'm interested in the circle because I need a topic for my
computer science master's thesis, and this idea seems really good.  I
suppose I can do everything I need in a lab setup.

Is it possible to run multiple instances of the circle on the same
machine?

--
Give and take free stuff: http://freecycle.org