Re: [circle] hash.py question

From: thomasV1
Subject: Re: [circle] hash.py question
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:32:15 +0100 (MET)

> I'm reading hash.py now.  If I understand right, the hash_of(str)
> function returns an MD5 of a string.

yes

> Is there some array or other container that tracks all the nodes that
> the client is aware of, and then that md5 is mapped to one of those
> nodes?
yes, there is. this code is in node.py
node.py is the core of the code.
I should have written more documentation on it;
however, there are reorganizations of the code
that I want to do before. I will try to upload a
new version to cvs this weekend.

> Any general recommendations for how a total outsider to this project
> could get up to speed are welcome.

hum... tinker, and ask...
one great thing is that you may type python
expression directly in the chat window, and
check the status of internal variables
(for example try to type '!node')

--
GMX im TV ... Die Gedanken sind frei ... Schon gesehen?
Jetzt Spot online ansehen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/tv-spot