civicrm-boston

CiviCRM meetup looking for new organizer

From: Andrew Engelbrecht
Subject: CiviCRM meetup looking for new organizer
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 12:54:34 -0500

*Read and share online:
<https://www.fsf.org/blogs/sysadmin/civicrm-meetup-looking-for-new-organizer>*

Dear CiviCRM Boston meetup member,

The Free Software Foundation's (FSF) [CiviCRM][1] [meetup][2] in
Boston is looking for community members who are interested in taking
over and reviving this meetup.

[1]: https://civicrm.org/
[2]: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:CiviCRM_Boston

At one point, this meetup had about twelve people every month, but
in the last two or three years it has gone down to one to three. We
know there are people in the Boston area working at nonprofits, and
who are using or considering using CiviCRM as an important part of
their work. We would love for them to get together, but we don't
have the time to organize the meetup anymore.

The FSF is willing to host the event in our office. If anyone wishes
to take over meetings, our mailing list, meetup.com page (which
predated our involvement -- we very much want the group to move away
from this), and gettogether.community page are open to moderation by
the new organizers.

If you're interested in organizing the group, or know someone who
would, please contact us at this mailing list: