Re: [Classpath] Compile Errors

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Classpath] Compile Errors
Date: 17 Sep 2000 23:18:40 -0600

>>>>> "Aaron" == arenn  <address@hidden> writes:

Aaron> This is with Jikes 1.12.  Is there a special character encoding
Aaron> that needs to be used with this?  Perhaps we should escape
Aaron> sequence anything that isn't ASCII as I think these characters
Aaron> are valid Latin-1.

This came up a while back.

One idea would be to tell jikes what encoding to assume, that is if
you can do that with jikes.

Another would be to escape all non-ASCII characters, as you say.  This
seems safest.  I wonder if there is some `recode' invocation you could
use to do it automatically.  If not it is probably a trivial perl
script.

Tom