Announcement: classpath-0.02 released

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Announcement: classpath-0.02 released
Date: 07 Jan 2001 00:00:06 -0500

New in release 0.02 (2001/01/06)
* Support for printing exceptions with Japhar 0.09 + patch included in
  resource/japhar-0.09.patch.1.
* Proper classpath.security file added to installation.
* Typos, assorted bugfixes.
* Minor documentation updates.

See the ChangeLog included in the distribution for details.  I'd like
to go ahead and plan the things I think we need to put into the next
release and set a date for it (rough date).  Basically there will be
another release by March and I'll try to help get as much of this
stuff in as possible.  See my suggestions below.

Suggestions for release 0.03 to be released in February or March.
* Support Gcj, SableVM, ORP, Kaffe OOTB.
* Support for VM replacing any class or package, ie. we don't install
  it.
* Support for JNI and/or CNI builds.
* Support building outside of the source tree.
* Fix low hanging fruit found via Mauve testing.

Suggestions for release 0.04 to be released by June 19, 2001.
* Complete a large chunk of the gcj merge work.
* Continue fixing bugs and expanding Mauve testsuite.

Would anyone like to help me?  I'd really appreciate it!  :)
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>