Re: javax.*

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: javax.*
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 13:07:49 +1300

Brian Jones wrote:

> I'm looking for a nice little list of all the free software projects
> with URLs for the projects working on some Java extension library.  I
> would like to make this information available on our website in the
> near future.  If anyone has such a list, or would like to make one and
> send it in that would be great.

Here are a few:

- Tritonus: javax.sound
http://tritonus.org/

- javax.vecmath implementation (part of Java3D)
http://www.esm.co.jp/divisions/open-sys/java/vecmath/

- Open Java Extensions project (OJE): javax.activation (JAF), Infobus,
javax.xml (JAXP), javamail ...
http://oje.sourceforge.net/

- Kaffe has a javax.servlet and javax.comm (Serial IO)

- There's a (partial?) javax.naming in the GCJ tree, but we don't build
it yet.

- IIRC theres a Java3D implementation somewhere based on one of the
OpenGL bindings called JFree-D, but I can't find any links to it that
work. Anyone know anything about this?

regards

  [ bryce ]