SWING at OJE

From: Andrew Selkirk
Subject: SWING at OJE
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 02:08:20 -0500

Hi,

I might be insane, but I've started a clean-room JFC implementation
over at OJE (Open Java Extensions oje.sourceforge.net).  Swing is
probably one of the most significant hurdles that needs to be tackled in
order to realize a free alternative to Sun's Java 2 platform.  The current
status of this codebase is:
 - the ENTIRE stub base has been generated for javax.swing.  All
       information was gathered using documentation and java reflection
       to analyze class structures.  Everything compiles cleanly under
       jikes (javac is another matter though)
 -  javax.swing.event started
 -  javax.swing.table started
 -  I'm studying mounds for documentation for implementing the look
      and feel subsystem and have started some implementation.
This is definitely not something I can tackle on my own, but I hope by
starting it I can help bring it another step closer to realization.

All code at OJE is licensed under LGPL.  The source is not readily
available from the web page yet, but is accessible through anonymous
cvs under the 'source' module (Checkout out CVS access from the
project page).  If you want to help out, send me a source forge account
name and I'll sign you up.

Andrew...
address@hidden