Re: Partial java.util.zip merge with Classpath

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: Partial java.util.zip merge with Classpath
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 11:10:14 +1200

On Saturday, October 6, 2001, at 08:48  AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:

Do we want to use all of jazzlib in libgcj or do we just want to
continue using zlib?
We could merge more classes then I have done now. Whether we want to
replace zlib completely with java code is a seperate question. As Per
Bothner already pointed out zlib is in use with a lot of programs and
Jazzlib is only of interest to the pure java crowed and is fairly new.

We ought to do some performance tests. I'd certainly be in favour of switching to Jazzlib provided it doesn't turn out to be significantly slower.

regards

Bryce.