Re: FYI: RMIC

From: Takashi Okamoto
Subject: Re: FYI: RMIC
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:34:17 +0900

At 12 Oct 2001 16:20:04 -0600,
Tom Tromey wrote:
> I just checked in some code that lets the rmic program actually invoke
> the Java compiler.  It is based on the interface already exposed in
> RMIC.java; I didn't read the kaffe implementation to write this one.
> I also changed it a little bit.

Someone may want to use java compiler for other purpose. Then the
compiler interface should be moved to gnu.tools.javac or like so.

And someone may want following method for Compiler.java:

  /**
   * compile some sources at once.
   */
  public abstract void compile (String sources[]) throws Exception;

  /**
   * compile but output messages to specified stream.
   */
  public abstract void compile (String sources[], OutputStream out) throws
Exception;

  /**
   * set classpath
   */
  public abstract void setClasspath(String path) throws Exception;

regards.
----
Takashi Okamoto