java.security.Security proposal

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: java.security.Security proposal
Date: 17 Oct 2001 12:17:49 -0600

Anthony Green submitted a gcj patch that fixes a Security bug.  It
also changes Security.loadProviders to look for `gcj.security' and not
`classpath.security':

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2001-q3/msg00460.html

One problem with this is that it introduces a divergence between
Classpath and libgcj.  I prefer to avoid those.

What if we change this mechanism so that we can have a VM-dependent
`.security' file in addition to the `classpath.security' file?  The
idea would be to use the `java.vm.name' property to look up the
initial security file, and then fall back on classpath.security.

Comments?

Tom

PS I'm going to check in his bug fix shortly.